3:24 AM Unknown 0 Comments


I remember reading that long love letters in wrinkled torn old notebook which my granny kept like her most expensive ornament. And it made me envisage a turkey prince who loved my granny and who fought for her. And I wondered whether the fighter turkey prince looked like my grandpa ? I never asked granny anything more about the prince. Neither did she told me intentionally but he was there in all her bed time stories. And I used to fall asleep dreaming my granny and prince riding on a horse.

And I grew up with her stories, with her letters and with a deep faith in the same love which was imprinted on that notebook papers. when I met my first love, I was so keen to write letters for him as I knew the intensity of writing down your feelings on paper. But my prince never had a chance to read a love letter, because whenever I feel like writing it, I type it down and send a text msg. And reading my messages, gave him the same feeling I used to get whenever I read my granny’s notebook. Well I think that’s how it should be, as feelings cannot change with respect to change in the way you express it. Granny belonged to an age of papers and I belong to an age of smart phones. And I can’t imagine how my children would express their feeling of love. And if I say my granny’s bed time stories to my children they will never be able to understand it. So I just read them an online bedtime story, till they fall to deep sleep. But I still wish, if there is a turkey price, let my child have him, whom neither my granny nor I could ever meet.

0 comments: